8/14/17

Week 41 and 42: Another Great Week

May 15 pictures and email and May 22 pictures and email:

15:So this week we had exchanges, a zone conference, a baptism, and mothers day call so it was pretty loco :).

Tuesday we had four lessons!!! All with good investigators that are progressing or almost progressing. We`ve started killing two birds with one stone by having Candela (the little girl who can`t be baptized because she doesn`t have permission) in the lessons we have with her neighbor, a less active member. 

Then was a crazy 24 hours of exchanges, I was in the other area--Adrogue. We had an amazing lesson with an invesigator that didn`t feel like she could pray, but we had her say the prayer in the end and she started crying. 
When we finished there was no rest from traveling. We dropped off my things and went to two lessons (one fell through) and then returned to the chapel to have the baptismal interview of Fabian.
That night we ordered pizza

The next day we had zone conference. For lunch we had pizza. So we traveled early in the morning and got home in time to have another lesson with Fabian and dinner with a member. She made pizza :D

Saturday we had a lesson with a family medio-eternal investigators, but were able to hear from the mom what she felt she lacked in life and teach about the plan of salvation.It was so spiritual, and she even accepted the invitation to be baptized! 

Sunday was crazy, we were in the chapel from 9 until almost 3 with the baptism of Fabian and ward counsel and everything :). We had a crazy lesson with an investigator after lunch and then ran to do skype in a member`s house. Apparently my english is pretty bad and I have a spanish accent :D. (But in spanish I have an english accent, so I`m stuck between the two :S).

Today we had our district activity and an elder from Brazil made us Strogonoff de Brazil (It`s different from the US version). You fry garlic a little bit, put in a bunch of cut up chicken, put in a bag of sauce (like spaghetti sauce, but different :)) some cream, ketchup, and mustard, and parsley. It was super yummy. I made an interesting brownie that had a cave in the middle somehow, and was all the way cooked besides a doughnut shaped area. I don`t understand how... but it`s delicious for me anyway :D.

I love you all! I`ve loved feeling lost in the work. I know that wherever we are, if we have our priorties right we can feel this way, that whatever happens, we`re doing the Lord`s will and it`ll turn out all right 

Love you! Hugs!!

Sister Tova S Biesinger

22: This week we had a couple of visitors-- called Viajeras ¨Traveling Missionaries¨-- two sisters who help us do double in our area for a week and especially help us find new investigators. They arrive Monday night and leave Sunday afternoon and always come in rounds of two, so this afternoon we`ll be receiving another two :D.
Hna Davis-- remember? My comp from last transfer? :D-- and Hna Menezes from Breazil were here, and everyday we did divisions.

Also, Tuesday we had interviews and a less active sister brought us a container filled with lunch. It was kind of funny, because none of us knew her, we just had her name in the calendar and her phone number. When she arrived I thought I`d recognize her, but nope :S. She lives in the elder`s part of the ward, so I hope that they started to visit her, because she was super sweet :).

It`s been raining a lot this week, so there was a lot of walking in the mud. One day we were literally walking through a mini lake the entire ¨street¨ had two inches of water. I had rain boots, but Hna Menezes only had her little shoes, and her feet got soaked :(.

This week I did an inordenate (is that a word?) amount of cooking: Monday for the district activity, Wednesday for the district meeting, and Thursday for a sister`s surprise birthday party. It was fun, but I ran out of cooking things. :(
Today for lunch my comp and I made mashed potatoes and gravy, mmmm.... with an argentine tomato salad on the side of course :)
Oh! Speaking of american food, I love my companion. She received a package from her family with.... (hold your breath....)..... Root Beer flavoring.... and instructions of how to make root beer.... mmmm... for my cumplemes 13, she made up some root beer, bought ice cream, and I had my first root beer float in a year!

It was kind of crazy sharing an apartment with two more, but we made it work :). Hna Menezes started to teach me portuguese, which I can understand, becuase it`s super similar to spanish, and I just need to learn what`s different in order to speak it. Eu amo ser missionaria. 

So yeah, it`s been an amazing week. Sad news-- our investigator that got baptized last week couldn`t make it to his confirmation this Sunday becuase of the mud. :(. But the elders had a baptism and it was so sweet. It`s been great for the ward to have two baptisms in two weeks. We`re going to be working to keep it up.

I love you all, have an amazing week!
Sister Tova S Biesinger


Oops!  Sideways...sorry, folks.






Skyping with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment